What We Believe
We are very glad you’re here! Here at Shepherd of the Sierra, we come together with one heart and one mind to meet the challenges before us knowing that God is with us every day. As we praise and honor Jesus Christ, we realize that He is our Savior and Lord and nothing is impossible with Him. Because He is with us, we can’t help but show that something special must be happening in this place.
As you come to worship with us, you will see our unity, and be affected by our faith, which shows itself in our joy and excitement. We have a great deal of confidence as we look to the future because of Jesus Christ. By faith we know Him, and it’s our desire to follow Him in our lives each day, and have you come to know Him too!
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen
Holy Communion, is where we are acknowledging our sinfulness and through the Sacrament are receiving forgiveness of sins and spiritual nourishment. We believe the real presence of the body and Blood of Jesus Christ are received in, with and under the bread and wine in Holy Communion. If this is your faith and confession, we welcome you to join us at the Lord’s Table.
- Preach the Word of God.
- Promote evangelism and mission work.
- Equip its members for service.
- Care for the purity of doctrine and life among its members.
- Practice Christian love with one another and with all people.
- Preserve the unity that exists and to strive for unity where it does not exist.
- Cultivate Christian fellowship.
- Promote the welfare of the church at large.
We commit our Church to:
- Preach and Study God’s Word
- Administer the Sacraments
- Love, Pray, and Care for one another
- Celebrate in Christian fellowship
We strive to:
- Proclaim Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior
- Live and Move Forward in faith
- Carry out God’s Mission everywhere